Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dear diary



An annoyingly long power cut led to a most interesting experiment, writing without Google or Microsoft word after ages. I shamelessly admit that I google for inspiration and MS word takes care of the fact that I am selectively dyslexic (only when it comes to punctuation. hehe). As a rule I do not post much about myself because I totally believe like Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan says in the opening lines of ‘You are here’ that nobody has the right to tell a story unless they actually have one. But on rare occasions when a person(people sometimes), place or conversation inspire me to voice or vent it’s a little difficult to resist.
This post is dedicated to all and sundry who have asked me what I do for work. Well, I write columns (fashion and lifestyle for), i style, I design (fashion (graphic occasionally and sometimes do nothing at all. Why? Simply because i like it that way. I prefer the ‘Road not taken’. Have I gotten there yet? Definitely not. But I am trying and when I have, I will let everyone know. During the times that I am not working I read, attend related workshops (I am into fashion and lifestyle writing for those of you who have no clue) and courses, surf the net, blog and hopefully will be traveling more from now on. I try to stay visible at all times through my blog posts and facebook status updates . Yes, this is what I need to be doing because long term, 5 years from now, what I really want to be is an opinion leader in the world of fashion and lifestyle not a doctor or a successful software professional. No offence to those of you holding 9-5 jobs, I am always in awe of people who can be that organized and time bound, but all I say is ‘To each his own.’

2 comments:

  1. Vandy..."Simply because i like it that way!" Keep up the Good Work and keep Following your dreams as I follow your blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete