Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shut up and eat your vegetables:)



The number of people who have told me over the years that I am definitely missing something in life by being vegetarian, big. The number of people who have found it difficult to believe that I am a vegetarian by choice, even bigger. I guess a vegetarian andhraite is especially hard to imagine after all we are supposed to be the chaapaala pulusu, kodi veppudu people aren’t we? I have often heard friends and acquaintances quip, “So what dooooo you eat?”, “Yuck! A burger is not a burger if it’s vegetarian”. Excuse me! Eight years and still going strong I think vegetarianism is a great lifestyle choice. Well those of you who equate biryani to bliss, stop reading, because I am not wasting my time on you. If you actually enjoy meat giving it up is going to require tremendous will power and you are better of being the way you are than being a pseudo vegetarian who argues fish and prawn are vegetarian.
Apart from the favour you do fauna, there are other benefits too. It’s so much easier to drop sizes while you’re nibbling on veggies, it does wonders to your skin and yes keeps your heart healthy.
If you’re worried about lack of variety you might want to stop at these exclusively vegetarian restaurants that have very interesting menus

• Flower drum(veggie Chinese)-Egmore
• Little Italy(veggie Italian)-Nungambakkam
• Mahamudra(veggie South Indian)-Mylapore

No comments:

Post a Comment